Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A Little Thing Called Nutella...

So, there’s this hazelnut spread out there called Nutella, ya may have heard of it. It’s apparently been around since 1963, but it’s only been a part of my pantry for about a year. They try to knock it off as being part of a balanced breakfast, when in fact it’s really just a jar of frosting.  The Nutella website boasts the product as coming ‘from the combination of roasted hazelnuts, skim milk and a hint of cocoa’; what they should add to the end of that is… - 'and a shit ton of sugar'. (About the same amount in a serving size as a Candy Bar.)

So it’s horrible for you, but delicious, and Lailah and I love it. The difference between me and Lailah is that I will discreetly scoop a spoonful of Nutella out of the jar when nobody is around and eat it leaving no evidence behind. Lailah is a little more no-holds-barred about it. Because of its un-nutritional value, I don’t get it out too often, but when I do, look out. I had given Lailah some sliced apples to dip into some “Utella” as she calls it, trying to feel a little better about the scenario. But she scoffed at my ploy and started to use her finger as a utensil instead - leaving blatant disregard to the lonely apple slices. Before I knew it “Utella” was getting everywhere. So, knowing that there was no chance the apples were going to get to bathe in the hazelnut goodness, I offered her a spoon so long as she promised she would still eat the apple slices. And this, Ladies and Gentlemen is what came next.


 If this doesn’t say it all, I don’t know what would. I happened to have the camera out already taking pictures of the mess she had made on her face. But when she got the spoon, it took things to a whole new level. A perfect moment captured forever. I have not laughed so hard in a long time. So, Nutella, to you I say thank you. And yes - it really is THAT good.

No comments:

Post a Comment