Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Hide-and-go-seek...

I feel like I have fat in my brain. I’m just going to go ahead and blurt that out. I feel like I have been experiencing what feels like an ever-long bout of brain block. My artistic endeavors are not, and my in-ability to form thought and put it to paper is plaguing. I keep thinking that there is something up in that cerebral chamber worth coming out, but it keeps hiding and egging me on like a 4 year old in a one sided game of hide-and-go-seek.

Every time I sit down to write a blog to go along with the pictures I have taken, I experience nothing but hmmm’s and derrrr’s. I imagine my face looks contorted and strained, my brow furrowed. I feel like I’m experiencing a kind of constipation people - a constipation of the brain if you will.

So, what do I do about this constipation of the brain. Get more sleep, read more, get out in nature more. I don’t know, I really don’t. I have been hoping for something to just click. Waiting for the floodgates to open and the clogged cerebration to pour out; but to no avail it remains, stuck, suspended, lost.

I suppose it’s possible that the weather could be playing a role. Mother Nature keeps giving way to the anticipation of warmer weather, and then like a politician, she changes her tune and the cold remains. I concede that the weather plays a tremendous role in the inner workings of my being. When it’s sunny my insides are sunny, when it’s gray, likewise. And so it goes, I will just continue do my best here to keep thoughts rolling, awaiting the sunshine and hoping for the words, the creativity, the light - to come back on.

Until then, my words may be few, but I will at least try to keep the pictures coming. I suppose often times they are able to tell a story in and of themselves anyway. And with a little luck, but more probable - a little more searching, I will be able to find those lost words. So help me.


Lailah and I laid on our backs and watched this cloud as it changed shape.















No comments:

Post a Comment