Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter Weekend

The Easter Bunny came. And according to Lailah, she doesn’t want him to come anymore. You see, Lailah is quite precocious, and very good at manipulation. I’ll admit that I’ve used scare tactics as a Mother before, i.e. “If you don’t pick up your toys, I’m going to give them all to another kid.”, “If you don’t eat your lunch you can’t have a treat-ever again.” So, it’s no surprise that something similar should happen on Easter. Let me run through a fun little scenario, a true one at that. Me to Lailah, at some point of the day – “if you behave like that, I might have to call the Easter Bunny and tell him not to come to our house anymore.” Now, this might work for some kids, it does NOT work for Lailah. Lailah: “You should call him.”, Me: “I’m going too!”, Lailah: “You should call him now, and tell him not to come here anymore.”, Me: “You sure that’s what you really want?”, Lailah: “Yeah, call him, right now.”  So, Andy had his phone in his hands, and I said, it looks like Daddy is already calling him. Andy of course didn’t play along and just said that he didn’t answer the phone. Lailah then proceeded to tell me again to call him. WTF? Talk about a wrench in the spokes.  So, I changed the subject, mainly because I was trying not to laugh - so much for that one. She even asked me later when I was getting her ready for bed if I had called him. When I said I hadn’t - she told me I needed to call him, 'because she doesn’t want him to come anymore'. Looks like there’s one less Holiday for Mommy to stress over. Maybe by the end of the year, we can take a few more out. Score! (I kid, I kid)

Smart aleck 2 – almost 3 year old aside, it was a pretty great weekend. Saturday, we took Lailah to a family Easter Egg Hunt. Talk about a natural. She was given a bit of extra time, but don’t mistake Lailah’s small size – that girl is a pro. She took off grabbing the first egg, she shook it and wanted someone to open it, but when she realized that the intent was to gather as many eggs as possible and reap the rewards of your loot later, she stayed on course; grunting and panting her way to each new egg. She made out like a bandit and made some new friends too. Thanks so much to her Great Aunt for the fun day. The same Great Aunt that gave her the gorgeous dress she wore on Easter.

Sunday rolled along, and sans the commentary previously mentioned it was a great day as well. Lailah found her Easter basket hiding in the corner and quickly got down to business with the goodies that were inside. She also had another small little egg hunt at home. After her nap, which I think is where said commentary actually started, we spent the rest of the day outside. Lots and lots of outside time. Water, Dirt, Sun, Dino’s! So glad we finally get to welcome Spring. 
























No comments:

Post a Comment