Monday, January 27, 2014

Time Alone


I was able to spend some time this past weekend to myself, so I headed out to Midway to get out of the inversion and check out the Ice Castles. Neither disappointed; the castles were amazing and it was nice to breathe the air rather than chew it. I also stopped off the side of the road and walked along a creek for a while; even with the white stuff on the ground it was beautiful and quiet – the only sounds were my feet crunching in the snow and the slow trickle of water at my side. While I am looking forward more than ever to warm and sunny weather, quiet moments like that help to better deal with the winter.

On a side note, I would be lying if I didn’t say that I miss time to myself, the time went by way too fast that day, and I would also be lying if I didn’t say that I feel incredibly guilty for saying so.  When you decide to have a child, as much as it kind of goes without saying - nobody bothers to mention that you will have near to no time to yourself, and that when you have time to yourself you will feel incredibly rushed to get back to your motherly duties. I have no idea what I would do without the support of awesome parents and in-laws to help out as much as they do. I will forever be indebted; no amount of “thank you’s” could ever quite convey my appreciation. 



























I also got to spend a lot of time with Lailah, just the two of us. We went on adventures, solved mysteries, and made messes. She made me laugh, she made me mad, we had quiet moments and loud moments, happy moments and crazy moments. All moments that I wouldn’t change for anything. She sure missed her Dad this weekend though, and was glad to have him home. All weekend long, starting Friday when he left, she kept asking me if it was Sunday yet. She must like him or something. Either that, or she knew she wouldn’t be able to get away with things throughout the weekend that he would otherwise let her get away with. She’s sly like that.

















2 comments:

  1. Stunning photos! Getting away is good for the soul. So hard because when you are away you still worry, think about them, miss them...they are your world. I appreciate you expressing your thoughts and am so glad to hear I am not alone in some of my emotional struggles. Thanks for your words :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so many gifts. I loved both of these posts. You inspire me with the graceful way you live. I was just thinking how much I love that you share your beautiful and real moments with your daughter. You make me want to be more fun :)

    ReplyDelete