Monday, January 20, 2014

Away for far too long.


I write this blog as a means of keeping hold of memories and the randomness of the year, and I have been absent for far too long. Since July? My heart sank when I realized it had been that long. Much has happened since my last post that I couldn’t remember if I tried. So, as a gift to myself (and a curse, because it requires time after all), I am going to make the most of being present throughout the year. 

January is a hard month to try and start back up. It’s gray, I feel uninspired to take pictures, and we are cooped up in the house most of the time. I do my best to keep Lailah busy with random crafts and things, but I would be kidding myself if I tried to make it sound like I enjoy this month. I crave color, life, blue skies and diminished pollution. I wish I could say I enjoy being outside as much as Lailah does, I loathe the cold and once I get chilled I seem unable to get warm again, it’s like I am stuck in a proverbial state of  freezdom, blood coagulated, joints stiff, brain fogged. Spring, where are you? Please come soon. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment