Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Every Piece is a ‘Master’ Piece




I love that Lailah loves art, and I feel fortunate to be able to provide her with the materials needed to create. Watercolors, marker, acrylic, glitter, ink, pencil, etc.. It’s messy, and requires a good amount of clean up afterward. And sometimes I cringe watching her use my way too expensive markers, pushing much harder than I ever would, knowing the cost. And sometimes I get her everything she asks for, only to have her get distracted, leaving her paint to dry. But, each time she ‘creates’, it’s something to behold, and each finished piece, truly is a masterpiece, at least to me. If only every child could be given the materials to express themselves the world would be a much more colorful place. If you have a child, allow them to create. It doesn’t have to be expensive. You can use scratch paper, pens and pencils from around the house, materials from outside can be used to create color, a balled up leaf, blades of grass, flowers; the world provides us with mediums that cost us nothing, and our minds provide us with the means to use those mediums to express things that convey what can’t be expressed with words. Create.








No comments:

Post a Comment